Community Media Storytelling
Storytelling drives community media and begins a long and mutually beneficial relationship with every member of the community. James Alexander Robinson (who curated “Giving Voice: The Power of Words in African American Culture” at the 2009 Smithsonian Folklife Festival) defines storytelling as “the power to affect the heart and head, ideas and ideals, to disclose the truth, to change lives.” Community media provides minority communities with a platform to tell their story and speak their truth.
Community media plays a significant role in helping organizations use storytelling to communicate and advance their mission.
How Can Belwah Media Help?
- We help you develop strategic community outreach campaigns that help you encourage more community-driven storytelling
- We help you learn to tell your own stories in a more authentic and compelling way
- We help you repackage and promote the stories you’ve already developed
- We can help you learn to use the tools you already have to improve your social media engagement with storytelling
- We can help you learn to work with social influencers who can help you tell your story
- We can help you work with community advocacy groups, teaching them how to effectively use storytelling and social media to promote social justice, economic empowerment, and political engagement
Contact us today to get started.
Related content. . .